Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Eranda Sooriyabandara <er...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/16 21:40:18 UTC

Can we use npgsql to check Derby compliences

Hi,
I contact PostgreSQL and findout that they uses npgsql to check their
compliences. Can we use it to test Derby?
Thanks
Eranda

Re: Can we use npgsql to check Derby compliences

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
Eranda Sooriyabandara wrote:
> I contact PostgreSQL and findout that they uses npgsql to check their
> compliences. Can we use it to test Derby?

Hi Eranda,

Do you mean this tool: http://npgsql.projects.postgresql.org/ ?

It looks like it is a .NET data provider, which means it is software
that allows an application program written in a .Net programming
language such as C# or Visual Basic to connect to Postgres using the
System.Data APIs.

I'm not really sure that I see how this would be helpful in testing Derby.

Can you elaborate on your idea?

thanks,

bryan