Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alex Kachanov <al...@stellent.co.jp> on 2002/09/03 10:43:36 UTC

JDBC Realm - changing password

OK, a user wants to change his password for the Tomcat protected folder.
The protection is done using JDBCRealm (or MemoryRealm).
The password is changed using a special servlet.

OK, password is changed in the database, BUT,
you have to restrat Tomcat or restart the context to make new password working!

That's sad, unless I'm missing something.

with best wishes
Alexander Kachanov

Re: JDBC Realm - changing password

Posted by David Cassidy <da...@twocats.co.uk>.
to quote ...

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/realm-howto.html

    * Once a user has been authenticated, the user (and his or her
      associated roles) are cached within Tomcat for the duration of the
      user's login. (For FORM-based authentication, that means until the
      session times out or is invalidated; for BASIC authentication,
      that means until the user closes their browser). Any changes to
      the database information for an already authenticated user will
      *not* be reflected until the next time that user logs on again.

has this user 'logged out' / had their session invalidated ?

Very interrested as I want to use this myself and if things like pw
change don't work then ....

Let us know

Posted by Rosdi bin Kasim <ro...@epantai.com.my>.
Actually you will need to physically turn off your server, un-plug if from
the wall, wait 5 minutes and then restart the server again...
If that doesnt work.., try to turn off and on your proxy as well... because
your proxy might be caching it....

Hahahaaa..........

err.. sorry.... I am a bit 'off' today... *sigh*..

OK, a user wants to change his password for the Tomcat protected folder.
The protection is done using JDBCRealm (or MemoryRealm).
The password is changed using a special servlet.

OK, password is changed in the database, BUT,
you have to restrat Tomcat or restart the context to make new password
working!

That's sad, unless I'm missing something.

with best wishes
Alexander Kachanov

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>