Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Rodney Broom <rb...@home.com> on 2001/05/05 09:33:44 UTC

Finding AuthUserFile name with the request object.

Hi all,

I'm trying to add a little bit more security to a running app. In this app, I'd
like to be able to confirm what physical file was used in the 'AuthUserFile
/path/to/pass.db' statement. This file choice needs to be dynamic, so I can't
simply hard wire this info.

Thoughts?

----
Rodney Broom

Re: Finding AuthUserFile name with the request object.

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Sat, 5 May 2001, Rodney Broom wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to add a little bit more security to a running app. In this app, I'd
> like to be able to confirm what physical file was used in the 'AuthUserFile
> /path/to/pass.db' statement. This file choice needs to be dynamic, so I can't
> simply hard wire this info.

this has been asked a bunch of times in the past and normally i say
"mod_auth's structures are private to mod_auth.c", which is still true,
but the structure is small and unlikely to change for 1.3.x, we can just
copy-n-paste it.  so here's a little module to access AuthUserFile,
AuthGroupFile and AuthAuthoritative config, see the mod_auth_example
script for usage:

http://perl.apache.org/~dougm/Apache-ModAuthConfig-0.01.tar.gz