Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ronald Hütter <ro...@home-huetter.de> on 2002/05/10 08:39:37 UTC

--deployScope "Session": what to expect

I expected, that if I deploy the service with the above
option, the constructor of the xxxImpl class would be called
only once per session. In fact I don't see any difference
compared to "Request" scope. Am I on the wrong track? How
can I instantiate a class as a session singleton?

Re: --deployScope "Session": what to expect

Posted by Jaroslaw Balut <ja...@neurosoft.net>.
Ronald Hütter wrote:

> I expected, that if I deploy the service with the above
> option, the constructor of the xxxImpl class would be called
> only once per session. In fact I don't see any difference
> compared to "Request" scope. Am I on the wrong track? How
> can I instantiate a class as a session singleton?

You should call the "setMaintainSession (true)" method in the client on
the "org.apache.axis.client.Call" object, you are using for
communication.
This will enable cookies, necessary for HTTP servlet session
maintenance.

-Jaba