Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Thamizh <tc...@yahoo.co.in> on 2011/08/31 12:36:37 UTC

Cassandra BETWEEN & ORDER BY operations

Hi All,

I wanted to perform SQL operations such as BETWEEN, ORDER BY with ASC/DSC order on Cassandra-0.7.8.

As I know, Cassandra-0.7.8 does not have direct support to these operations. Kindly let me know is there a way to accomplish these by tweaking on secondary index?

Below is my Data model design.

Emp(KS){
    User(CF):{
        bsanderson(RowKey): { eno, name, dept, dob, email }
        prothfuss(RowKey): { eno, name, dept, dob, email }
            }
        }

Queries,

1. Select * from emp where dept='IT' ORDER BY dob ASC

2. Select * from emp where eno BETWEEN ? AND ? ORDER BY dob ASC;

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Thamizhananl