Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jan Fasula <j....@fme.de> on 2007/11/28 10:03:05 UTC

[Axis2]: Using Axis2 with Tomcat v4.1.27

Hi,

we are going to use Axis2 v1.3 with a Tomcat server v4.1.27 as servlet container. I was not able to find any detailled information if this version will work?! So my question is, on which servlet API version is Axis2 v1.3 based?

Thanks for your response,
Jan

Jan Fasula
Consultant

Tel. (direkt) +49 531 23854 958
mailto:j.fasula@fme.de

fme AG
Petzvalstraße 38
38104 Braunschweig
Germany
http://www.fme.de <http://www.fme.de/>
Tel. +49 531 23854 0
Fax +49 531 23854 70

...it's possible!

Vorstand
Dirk Bode (Vorsitzender)
Frank Mittelstaedt (Stellvertreter)
Dr. Ulrich Wiesner

Aufsichtsrat
Ulrich Poerschke (Vorsitzender)
Frank Umlauf (Stellvertreter)
Stefan H. Tarach

Handelsregister Braunschweig HRB: 5422
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Braunschweig

Re: [Axis2]: Using Axis2 with Tomcat v4.1.27

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Jan,

Axis2 1.3 will work with Tomcat server 4.1.27, I do not have any doubt
on that. But I strongly recommend you to use Tomcat 5.x version,
especially if you are working with JDK 1.5. IIRC, Tomcat 5.0.x version
works with JDK 1.4.
Why I recommend is that, one of the tomcat developers recommended me,
some time back, to avoid using any version prior to 4.1.32.

Chinthaka

Posted by Lahiru Sandakith <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
The axis2 webapp is
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application 2.3//EN"
I have deployed it recently with both Tomcat 4.1.x and 5.5.x and it working
smoothly for me.
Thanks
Sandakith.

--
Thanks
Lahiru Sandakith

http://sandakith.wordpress.com/
GPG Key Fingerprint : 8CD8 68E0 4CBC 75CB 25BC  1AB1 FE5E 7464 1F01 9A0F