Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Matthew Dornquast <ma...@cata.com> on 2001/01/19 15:47:37 UTC

Tomcat 4.0 w/Apache question

Couple of simple questions to help us get TC 4.0 going like we had for
Tomcat 3.1

1.  Which Apache connectors can we use to talk to TC 4.0?  I know of
mod_jserv, mod_jk, and mod_webapp.  Which of these work with TC4.0 and which
one is best given our requirements.

2.  I need to set up the connector to to forward ".jsp"and
".myservletsuffix" to TC4.0 while letting .gifs + .html be served up by
Apache.  Which connector is best for this?

3.  My app context is the ROOT context "/" under 3.1  I need this
functionality under TC4.0 as well.  Which connector is best for this?

Thanks guys!

-Matthew

Re: Tomcat 4.0 w/Apache question

Posted by Dan Milstein <da...@shore.net>.
Matthew,

> Couple of simple questions to help us get TC 4.0 going like we had for
> Tomcat 3.1
>
> 1.  Which Apache connectors can we use to talk to TC 4.0?  I know of
> mod_jserv, mod_jk, and mod_webapp.  Which of these work with TC4.0 and which
> one is best given our requirements.

Currently, the only connector for joining Apache to TC 4.0 is mod_webapp.  By my understanding, this connector is *not* ready for production use.  I believe it has serious problems with regard to cookies and some other issues.

Sadly, this renders the rest of your questions moot ;-).

-Dan
--

Dan Milstein // danmil@shore.net