Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Anisha Parveen -X (anparvee - Infosys at Cisco)" <an...@cisco.com> on 2009/08/12 08:20:45 UTC

[users@httpd] Tomcat not starting - No error messages seen

Hi all,

I am trying to start tomcat 4.1.3 on Solaris.  ps -ef | grep tomcat
returns nothing.
Tomcat is not started. And I don't see any error messages also.

>From the log messages it seems Tomcat is not loading the contexts
provided in server.xml.
Out of the contexts provided in server.xml , only one of it getting
loaded and no log messages for the rest.
So its blank whats happening on tomcat.

Can someone provide hint on how to debug the issue ?

Also , any hints on what might have gone wrong will be highly useful.

Regards,
Anisha

RE: [users@httpd] Tomcat not starting - No error messages seen

Posted by "Anisha Parveen -X (anparvee - Infosys at Cisco)" <an...@cisco.com>.
Hi Mick,

Thanks for that info. Tomcat gets installed with my application and
normally that's the way I check if Tomcat is up.
In case tomcat was up and running that yields the result in my case.

I have psoted the same in Tomcat mailing list,.

Regards,
Anisha

Posted by "Anisha Parveen -X (anparvee - Infosys at Cisco)" <an...@cisco.com>.
Hi Josh,

Sorry for the late response. I was on leave and got stuck with some
other issues too.
I have attached my server.xml file.

Different versions of my product had no issues with this server.xml.
Are there any other dependencies of tomcat or solaris configurations
that might be causing the problem.

Thanks in advance,
anisha

Posted by Josh Gooding <jo...@gmail.com>.