Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by James Mansion <ja...@mansionfamily.plus.com> on 2009/06/26 22:56:42 UTC

SSHD on Windows

How far from being generally working is this - can it authenticate local
or domain users?

I'm looking for something that can handle exec channels primarily rather
than a raw cli.

Be nice if there were some magic path on the command to exec that would
run a class in-process too.

James

Re: SSHD on Windows

Posted by Shawn Pearce <so...@google.com>.
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 13:56, James
Mansion<ja...@mansionfamily.plus.com> wrote:
> How far from being generally working is this - can it authenticate local or
> domain users?

I don't think it can authenticate local users... you would have to
write your own authenticator implementation to somehow talk to
Windows, which usually isn't that easy from Java, Microsoft wants you
to use C#.  *sigh*

> I'm looking for something that can handle exec channels primarily rather
> than a raw cli.
>
> Be nice if there were some magic path on the command to exec that would run
> a class in-process too.

Just write your own CommandFactory that does what you want it to do.
It gets fed the raw exec string as-is, and decides how to split it
down to arguments and how to evaluate that.  If you want it to search
in a class path by treating the command as a class name, its only a
few lines of code to get a Class.forName().newInstance()...  :-)