Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2003/12/30 23:25:15 UTC

[ann] avalon container implementation

Hi gang,

I've been banging my head against the type-1/2/3 split for some time
now. I started porting my applications to PicoContainer, which is a
pain-in-the-you-know-where because Pico hasn't got the avalon-style
release() semantics. So I wrote a type-1/2/3 container:

http://jicarilla.sourceforge.net/
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jicarilla/jicarilla-sandbox/platform/container/

The next step was some proof-of-concept integration with pico*:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jicarilla/jicarilla-sandbox/platform/container/impl/src/test/com/leosimons/jicarilla/container/integration/pico/

that's coming along nicely, though it's rather ugly. I had a hunch that
avalon integration would actually be simpler. The results so far can be
seen at*:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jicarilla/jicarilla-sandbox/platform/container/impl/src/test/com/leosimons/jicarilla/container/integration/avalon/

I have a very basic implementation of the Fortress Container interface
running. The next step will be creation of a frontend (ContainerManager
implementation) that reads the fortress configuration formats. I will
likely be writing a fortress TCK as I implement support for it. Unless I
get bored.

Anyway, may be of interest to some since some things are done quite
differently.

happy new year!

- LSD

* will show up here after what's roughly a 24-hour delay because of the
SF CVS server crap

Re: [ann] avalon container implementation

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Wednesday 31 December 2003 06:25, Leo Simons wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> I've been banging my head against the type-1/2/3 split for some time
> now. I started porting my applications to PicoContainer, which is a
> pain-in-the-you-know-where because Pico hasn't got the avalon-style
> release() semantics. So I wrote a type-1/2/3 container:
>
> http://jicarilla.sourceforge.net/

I just love LSD's wording;

<quote>
follow a very loose consensus-like development model
</quote>

<qoute>
I indeed plan to be the sole developer.
</quote>

Must be hard to reach strict consensus with yourself :D

Niclas