Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rik Claesen <rc...@hotmail.com> on 2006/02/15 12:22:06 UTC

classloader issue?

hi,

I'm having a problem with Tomcat 5 with the security manager activated:
"javassist.NotFoundException: java.lang.Object
javassist.ClassPool.get(ClassPool.java:374)
org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.CtClassSource.getCtClass(CtClassSource.java:52)
org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.CtClassSource.newClass(CtClassSource.java:62)
  ..."

It looks like someone in the javassist.jar cannot find java.lang.Object in
the rt.jar

Can it be, that when the security manager is activated, a classloader used
by javassist cannot find the classes in rt.jar due to security restrictions?

Do I have to move the javassist.jar to another location? if so where?

This simple thing is driving me nuts because all works fine when the
security manager is not active.

My eternal gratitude for the one who can help me.
Rik

Re: classloader issue?

Posted by Boris Unckel <bo...@gmx.net>.
Rik Claesen wrote:
> Thnx Boris, I forgot to mention it.
> The assist.jar is currently located in the WEB-INF/lib.
> and ...this is working fine as long as the security manager is not
> active.

Maybe to put this into the system path would solve your problem. But I
think it is better to solve the security issue.
I have no experience with the Tomcat security manager, maybe
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/security-manager-howto.html
helps.

Boris

Re: classloader issue?