Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com> on 2006/07/15 18:42:14 UTC

How to unschedule a service

I am just looking into service scheduling and I see plenty for
scheduling a long running, recurring service, but nothing for
terminating that scheduled activity. Is it just a matter of finding that
JobSandbox record and modifying the finishDateTime?

-Al

Re: How to unschedule a service

Posted by "A. Zeneski" <ja...@ofbiz.org>.
This is correct. If you cancel a service before it runs, the next
instance will not run and prevent the service from being rescheduled.
Simply issuing a cancel on a job is the best and easiest way to do this.

The other way is to set the end date on the recurrence. At this
moment there is no UI for this, so you will have to edit this in the
recurrence tables.

Andy

Posted by Pradeep Sharma <pk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Palmer <br...@gmail.com>.
Al,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I am guessing you would have pass a callback into the service that could
pass a cancel parm.

Brief glance at the service code does not show a direct way to do this.

Web tools cancel only removes the job from the list, has no effect once
the job is running.

SandBox is the initiator and record keeper. Has no effect once the
service is running.

Al Byers sent the following on 7/15/2006 9:42 AM: