Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/16 18:02:19 UTC

WebDAV

Hi all,

I added a WebDAV bundle (jcr/webdav) which adds functionality to Sling
to expose a repository over WebDAV. By default, the bundle exposes the
repository under /dav, which of course is configurable through Config
Admin.

At the moment, the bundle also requires the HTTP Client bundle. I am
considering integrating the HTTP Client library into the web dav bundle
to make it standalone ...

Finally, I also added the webdav bundle to the modules list in the root
pom and also added the webdav and httpclient bundles to the full build
profile of launcher/app.

Enjoy !

Regards
Felix

Re: WebDAV

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bertrand,

Am Donnerstag, den 17.01.2008, 14:23 +0100 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> On Jan 16, 2008 6:02 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ...I added a WebDAV bundle (jcr/webdav)...
>
> I have added (revision 612808) a webdav-resource-config.xml to the
> bundle (hardcoded for now), to map nt:file and related nodetypes in
> the "usual" way.

Thanks for that. I excluded this configuration for now, because I am
reluctant to this solution ... But since this is a first shot, it is
probably a good move. Though, I would read the config file and set the
configuration in the init() method and not in the activate() method.

What I am thinking of, would be the following:

  * We declare all IOHandlers in org.apache.jackrabbit.server.io as SCR
services.

  * The Sling WebDAV support listens for such services and looks at one
(or two)
    service reference properties to decide whether to use the IOHandler
service
    as a property or io handler or both. Whenever such a service is
bound or
    unbound, the ResurceConfig is updated (maybe by cycling the WebDAV
Servlet ??)

  * The standard IOManagerImpl and PropertyManagerImpl would not be
configurable
    and always be used

  * The node types list for the <collection> and <non-collection>
elements
    could be a String[] property for the WebDAV support service.

  * For the filtering, the class is a string property and the nodetypes
and namespaces
    are settings are String[] properties for the WebDAV support service.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix

Re: WebDAV

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: WebDAV

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Jan 16, 2008 6:02 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...I added a WebDAV bundle (jcr/webdav) which adds functionality to Sling
> to expose a repository over WebDAV...

Thanks, I'm using it in usling-webapp now and it works fine!
-Bertrand