Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ashish Thusoo <at...@facebook.com> on 2010/06/16 02:02:26 UTC

Release Management for 0.6.0

Hi Folks,

In order to be able to release Hive more often, we are going to have a formal release manager for upcoming releases. Our goal would be to release Hive more often than once in 6 months so that we can get more and more features pushed out with a greater frequency to a stable and well tested release. Carl Steinbach from Cloudera has graciously agreed to help us do this and he will be triaging and marking JIRAs that are an absolute must for 0.6.0. He will also be co-ordinating a bunch of tasks that are needed to make good release. Thanks again Carl for volunteering to do this. We really appreciate this and hopefully, with this system we will be able to release Hive more frequently to our users.

Thanks,
Ashish