Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sven <tz...@gmx.de> on 2006/02/25 17:01:53 UTC

missing footnotes (revisited)

Hi,
again I am dealing with a missing footnote. I know about the current
limitations of footnotes in lists and tables, therefore I refactored my
text to relocate all footnotes in fo:blocks. But in some cases footnotes
are not rendered. Because I was not able to track down the problem in
shorter examples, I uploaded the fo source and the generated PDF (using
latest FOP trunk reviosion 380933):

http://www.kamalook.de/sven/fop/da.fo
http://www.kamalook.de/sven/fop/da.pdf

The missing footnote is numbered "2" and should appear on page 6 (near
"practical reasoning"). I was not able to find the cause of the problem,
so I assume it's a bug.

Regards, Sven

Re: missing footnotes (revisited)

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Turns out that the footnote only disappears if hyphenate="true".
Otherwise, it works. Definitely a bug.

On 28.02.2006 21:14:49 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Preliminary results here: The footnote appears if it's not inside an
> fo:inline element. Seems we have another problem here.
>
> On 25.02.2006 17:01:53 Sven wrote:
> > Hi,
> > again I am dealing with a missing footnote. I know about the current
> > limitations of footnotes in lists and tables, therefore I refactored my
> > text to relocate all footnotes in fo:blocks. But in some cases footnotes
> > are not rendered. Because I was not able to track down the problem in
> > shorter examples, I uploaded the fo source and the generated PDF (using
> > latest FOP trunk reviosion 380933):
> >
> > http://www.kamalook.de/sven/fop/da.fo
> > http://www.kamalook.de/sven/fop/da.pdf
> >
> > The missing footnote is numbered "2" and should appear on page 6 (near
> > "practical reasoning"). I was not able to find the cause of the problem,
> > so I assume it's a bug.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: missing footnotes (revisited)

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Preliminary results here: The footnote appears if it's not inside an
fo:inline element. Seems we have another problem here.

On 25.02.2006 17:01:53 Sven wrote:
> Hi,
> again I am dealing with a missing footnote. I know about the current
> limitations of footnotes in lists and tables, therefore I refactored my
> text to relocate all footnotes in fo:blocks. But in some cases footnotes
> are not rendered. Because I was not able to track down the problem in
> shorter examples, I uploaded the fo source and the generated PDF (using
> latest FOP trunk reviosion 380933):
>
> http://www.kamalook.de/sven/fop/da.fo
> http://www.kamalook.de/sven/fop/da.pdf
>
> The missing footnote is numbered "2" and should appear on page 6 (near
> "practical reasoning"). I was not able to find the cause of the problem,
> so I assume it's a bug.

Jeremias Maerki