Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net> on 2016/06/17 11:14:22 UTC

Display of the Apache Tamaya banner

Hi guys,

I startet using Tamaya in a little small tool we use at work. There are
two things I would like to discuss with you:

1. The banner of Apache Tamaya is always shown at startup. This is nice
and at the same time disturbing. Maybe this should be configurable?

2. If I am not mistaken the default behaviour is to load all properties
from /META-INF/javaconfiguration.properties. As I have many properties I
would like to spread them over multiple property files. But I think we
don't support his at the moment. Is this correct? If no, would it be a
reasonable extension for us?

WDYT?

Bye,

Oliver

--
N Oliver B. Fischer
A Sch�nhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany

Re: Display of the Apache Tamaya banner

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Just read the ticket, I like the approach.  One question though, if you
output to JUL, how will you ensure lines are preserved?

Would it also make sense if the resource name were configurable?

John

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net>.
Hi,

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net>.
I have only one archive ;-( and I would like to have as many
configuration files as I want without writing an additional line of code.

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net>.
I will raise an issue for this topic in Jira. Currently it is a blocker
for me since I wan't integrate Tamaya in jQAssistant because of that. It
would be annonying to have the Tamaya banner in the console output.

Bye,

Oliver

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Apologies, when I referred to server component, I was referring to Tamaya
Server, not an arbitrary server application that uses Tamaya.

John

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net>.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
How does it work in an app that may have its own splash screen?
I know if you develop plugins or components for Eclipse or other IDEs this
can show used technologies, but how about standalone apps, will Tamaya show
up like a "nag screen" there?;-)

Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member, JSR 363 Co Spec Lead |
Eclipse UOMo Lead, Babel Language Champion | Apache Committer

Twitter @wernerkeil | @UnitAPI | @JSR354 | @AgoravaProj | @DeviceMap
| #DevOps | #EclipseUOMo
Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.