Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Antonio Eggberg <an...@yahoo.se> on 2009/04/08 18:51:41 UTC

questions regarding custom search component??

Hi,

Currently I am using the DIH to create my index, all works fine. Now what I would like to do is to add some "additional filed/value" (which is not in my database that i am indexing) example adding categories from another file. I also have situation that this category might change over time and when updating the index, I will need to re-index the whole db which could take lot of time. Option as I understand

- Use custom transformer (not sure what it means if re-index and category keeps changing)
- Post processing with some sort of search component.. basically my index will stay the same -- I am still trying to get my head around to this one, I am guessing "more like this" and "highlighter" is something I can look and learn.

Question?

Which option is and are there any specific code I should look for example?

Are there any real world example to see how it works?

Maybe there is other options?

Regards
Antonio.

Låna pengar utan säkerhet. Jämför vilkor online hos Kelkoo.
http://www.kelkoo.se/c-100390123-lan-utan-sakerhet.html?partnerId=96915014