Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Shankey <sh...@its.charlestoncounty.org> on 2001/09/05 23:11:08 UTC

Another issue with tc4.0-b7 webapp and Apache 1.3.20 access files in another location

Solaris sparc 8
Tomcat 4.0 b7
Apache 1.3.20
webapp module 1.0 for tc4.0-b7
I am trying to use a location to install the web application (war) files
other than $CATALINA_HOME. Currently I am working with the default files
which are installed when the Tomcat application is compiled. I can get it
to work from the default location. However, I can not from any other. I
have read the docs until my eyes blend, but no joy. What am I missing?
how could I run these files from /u80/w4/PUB/tc/default-webapps ?
I have included my log file from tomcat, server.xml part/of httpd.conf
and a detailed directory listing of the location I am trying to install
the default files. I think it may-be and issue with webapp because I
could access the files Tomcat's build-in http connector. Also the log
file tend to make me think that as well.

Thanks
Pete

Re: Another issue with tc4.0-b7 webapp and Apache 1.3.20 access files in another location

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Peter Shankey" <sh...@its.charlestoncounty.org> wrote:

> Solaris sparc 8
> Tomcat 4.0 b7
> Apache 1.3.20
> webapp module 1.0 for tc4.0-b7
> I am trying to use a location to install the web application (war) files
> other than $CATALINA_HOME. Currently I am working with the default files
> which are installed when the Tomcat application is compiled. I can get it
> to work from the default location. However, I can not from any other. I
> have read the docs until my eyes blend, but no joy. What am I missing?
> how could I run these files from /u80/w4/PUB/tc/default-webapps ?
> I have included my log file from tomcat, server.xml part/of httpd.conf
> and a detailed directory listing of the location I am trying to install
> the default files. I think it may-be and issue with webapp because I
> could access the files Tomcat's build-in http connector. Also the log
> file tend to make me think that as well.

It seems that the WARP classes are not correctly processing the appBase
directive you placed in <Host>...

I'll dig in this as of now...

    Pier

Re: Another issue with tc4.0-b7 webapp and Apache 1.3.20 access files in another location

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Peter Shankey" <sh...@its.charlestoncounty.org> wrote:

> Solaris sparc 8
> Tomcat 4.0 b7
> Apache 1.3.20
> webapp module 1.0 for tc4.0-b7
> I am trying to use a location to install the web application (war) files
> other than $CATALINA_HOME. Currently I am working with the default files
> which are installed when the Tomcat application is compiled. I can get it
> to work from the default location. However, I can not from any other. I
> have read the docs until my eyes blend, but no joy. What am I missing?
> how could I run these files from /u80/w4/PUB/tc/default-webapps ?
> I have included my log file from tomcat, server.xml part/of httpd.conf
> and a detailed directory listing of the location I am trying to install
> the default files. I think it may-be and issue with webapp because I
> could access the files Tomcat's build-in http connector. Also the log
> file tend to make me think that as well.

Yes... It seems to be a problem with the webapp module... I'll dig into
that, in the meantime, please post a bug on
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla so that we can track the status (and gets
into my todo list :)

    pier