Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Renato K. Araujo" <rk...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/07 19:54:33 UTC

Transitive runtime dependencies

Hi!

I am using Maven 2.0.10 and I have in my project a dependency of the
dbunit 2.4.5 jar. In dbunit's pom it declares a runtime dependency.

When I run "mvn test" the dbunit runtime dependency is not included by
Maven in my project.

In this case, when a dependency declares a runtime dependency in its
pom, do I need to include this dependency in my own pom or should
Maven resolve automatically the transitive runtime dependency?

Does Maven resolve transitive dependencies when they are in runtime
and test scopes?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Transitive runtime dependencies

Posted by "Renato K. Araujo" <rk...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I didnĀ“t see the optional tag in the dependency I wanted.

Now I understood why the dependency was not there.