Posted to ecs-user@jakarta.apache.org by Martinator <Ma...@eStarMail.com> on 2004/10/20 00:37:19 UTC

How can you get content length from org.apache.ecs Document.output()

Hello everyone, is there any way to get the length of the HTML content
that is generated by the org.apache.ecs Document.output(PrintWriter)
method so that I can use it to set the
HttpServletResponse.setContentLength() method?

I tried using the string.length from the toString method but get a
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attempted to write longer than
Content-Length.

I am experiencing some client abort issues in my web app and resolved
many of them by setting the content length for images whose length is
known.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Regards

Martin Kultermann