Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Jones, Stephen" <sj...@rational.com> on 2001/03/02 18:12:57 UTC

autoconf / automake

Does anybody know how to use autoconf or automake?

We could perhaps put an end to most of the mod_jk compilation problems if we
had some good configure scripts that generated Makefiles. I don't know how
complicated the tools are...

Steve

Re: autoconf / automake

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/3/01 10:52 AM, "Dan Milstein" <da...@shore.net> wrote:

> Jon,
>
> Do you think these tools are *worth* using, or do they cause more problems
> than they solve?
>
> I've got a friend who is a pretty solid autoconf/automake guru, and I'm
> trying to tempt him into helping out with setting this up, but I won't do
> that if people with experience think it's going to make trouble down the
> road.
>
> Anyone?
>
> -Dan

They are totally worth using. Once you get it right, they are a life saver
and the work put into JServ can really be re-used here. Getting it right is
the hard part. It needs a *lot* of testing.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous
<http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/> && <http://java.apache.org/turbine/>

Re: autoconf / automake