Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by John Soye <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/09 19:11:07 UTC

How to modify JMeter scripts which handle JSF ViewState?

Hi,
I'm trying to record some jmeter scripts for a JSF Web Application and
I'm wondering how to handle the javax.faces.ViewState parameter on my
POST HTTP Request Samplers. I've followed the instructions on
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/PerformanceTestingWithJMeter but it's
still not working. If someone could advise me what I may be doing
wwong, I'd be very grateful. The steps I took were:

(1) Recorded the script as normal with the HTTP Proxy Server.
(2) Added a Regular Expression Extractor as a child of the Thread
Group with the parameters mentioned in the above URL (Reference Name:
jsfViewState etc.).
(3) Replaced all the values of "javax.faces.ViewState" with
${jsfViewstate} in every sampler that this occurred (including the
first occurence of it - maybe this is wrong).

Many thanks, John.

Re: How to modify JMeter scripts which handle JSF ViewState?

Posted by Sven <sv...@gmail.com>.
Properbly the regex was faulty. At least I had a problem with the regex.

I could solve the problem by using a XPath Extractor instead of a RegEx
Extractor.

The xPath I used was: string(//input[@name='javax.faces.ViewState']/@value)

--
http://www.svenlange.co.za