Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de> on 2019/01/28 21:44:21 UTC

How to debug Maven compile?

Hello,

I get a strange error compiling a NetBeans module using Maven (see debug
output at the bottom; the file "Bundle.properties" exists, of course).
This exception only is thrown when compiling first time, second time
compilation works (but other errors exist, so it's no option to just
ignore the exception).

The problem for me is, the stack trace shows only classes in external
modules, so my question is: where can I set a breakpoint to see what
happens? Are there any documents describing how Maven is used to start
the lifecycle steps? E.g. I'd like to know how and when NB annotations
are processed in Maven context - obviously this is related to my problems.

Kind regards

Peter

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.0:compile
(default-compile) on project ApacheHttpdConfigurator: Compilation failure
de/epdv/tools/configurator/httpd/CfgEdTopComponent.java:[33,14] Cannot
find resource de/epdv/tools/configurator/httpd/Bundle.properties

     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:212)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:80)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
     at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:307)
     at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:193)
     at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:106)
     at
     at
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.compiler.CompilationFailureException:
Compilation failure
de/epdv/tools/configurator/httpd/CfgEdTopComponent.java:[33,14] Cannot
find resource de/epdv/tools/configurator/httpd/Bundle.properties

     at
org.apache.maven.plugin.compiler.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:1215)
     at
org.apache.maven.plugin.compiler.CompilerMojo.execute(CompilerMojo.java:188)
     at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:207)
     ... 20 more

For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please
read the following articles:
[Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException