Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Dan Horne <da...@redbone.co.nz> on 2019/12/09 00:36:09 UTC

Subquery failing - is there an alternative?

Hi All

I'm trying to run the following subquery but it returns an error that says
"cannot recognize input near 'select' 'max' '(' in expression specification"

select id,

first_name,

last_name,

change_seq

from person_source

where change_seq >

(select max(change_seq) from person_target);

If I replace the sub query with the actual maximum change_seq it works.

Is there another construct that should work?

Regards

Dan

Re: Subquery failing - is there an alternative?

Posted by Dan Horne <da...@redbone.co.nz>.
Alas, we’re on Hive 2.1

Posted by Vineet G <vg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Devopam Mittra <de...@gmail.com>.