Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/30 12:23:48 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Commons Parent 40 released

Commons Parent 40 has been released.
[It may take a few hours before the artifacts are available from Maven Central]

The release updates plugins and Apache parent pom version.
It fixes COMMONSSITE-87 and COMMONSSITE-82.

N.B. The assembly plugin now runs in the verify phase (it was
previously run in the package phase). See COMMONSSITE-87.

This allows child poms to create additional jars to be added to the assembly.
The deploy phase will now pick up the jars without needing to run the
package phase.
The change will affect child poms that rely on the assembly occurring
in the package phase.
They will need to be amended to use the verify phase instead.

Main Changes:
o Update Apache Parent POM : 16 -> 17
o COMMONSSITE-87 - ensure assembly plugin runs after all package phase plugins
o COMMONSSITE-82 - use Commons Skin 4.1 (site.xml)
o Require minimum of Maven 3.0.5

Release Notes are at:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-parent/tags/commons-parent-40/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

The documentation for the POM is at:

http://commons.apache.org/commons-parent-pom.html

Please report (or just fix - can be done using CMS) any doc errors and
omissions.

Note: components are recommended to upgrade to this version, but this
is not mandatory, so if it causes problems, please revert to the
original version - and report the problems on the mailing list or in
JIRA under COMMONSSITE

Enjoy!

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Commons Parent 40 released

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Just a heads-up: Due to missing signature of the animal sniffer for Java 9
you have to run maven with option -Danimal.sniffer.skip to build with a
recent Java 9.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 30 April 2016 at 11:48, Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 11:23:48 +0100, sebb wrote:
>>
>> Commons Parent 40 has been released.
>> [It may take a few hours before the artifacts are available from
>> Maven Central]
>>
>> The release updates plugins and Apache parent pom version.
>> It fixes COMMONSSITE-87 and COMMONSSITE-82.
>>
>> N.B. The assembly plugin now runs in the verify phase (it was
>> previously run in the package phase). See COMMONSSITE-87.
>>
>> This allows child poms to create additional jars to be added to the
>> assembly.
>

> Is this the "multiple modules project" capability?

No, please see COMMONSSITE-87

> If so, where can I read how to make use of it?

As below.

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hi.