Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by bfxw <li...@ebaotech.com> on 2008/01/03 10:38:28 UTC

how to use jackrabbit webdav client?

hi
   can anyone tell me how to use jackrabbit webdav
client(org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.client.methods),for example,How to use
CheckoutMethod class to check out a node?are there some usage sample src ?

thanks a lot

Re: how to use jackrabbit webdav client?

Posted by bfxw <li...@ebaotech.com>.
Another question :

  what is Jackrabbit SPI ? I found the src of spi package in svn are more
easy to be used for customer,who want to do a webdav request, than
jackrabbit webdav package classes, why can i not find the SPI classes in
jackrabbit 1.3 jars?
did the spi development still not finish? if yes not finish,When or which
jackrabbit release version can include SPI?if not,How can I get the
jackrabbit SPI jars?

Posted by bfxw <li...@ebaotech.com>.
Hi anglea :

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
bfxw wrote:

>    what's the answer about question 5 ?

 > 5) did u consider that JCRWebdavServerServlet will support
 >    those properties which are defined by customer,like
 >    SimpleWebdavServlet PropertyHandler mechanism , in jackrabbit
 >    later release?

hm. it seems you didn't understand my previous ansers.
let's try again:
JCRWebdavServerServlet is intended for remoting JCR-calls via
webdav and is not indended to be a 'standard' webdav-server. this
is already pointed out in the jackrabbit website.

there is no use in adding a 'generic' proppatch mechanism to
it. for the exact usage of that remoting protocol please take
a look at the docu present on the website.

if you are looking for a standard webdav server, simply
forget about the JCRWebdavServerServlet.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel/15972

> 2.I know jackrabbit supports Same Name Siblings.
> does webav not support the Same–Name Siblings nodes?
 > because 2518 specify that the OVERWRITE header must be T in
 > MOVE request.so if i want to move A/c to B,
 > but B already have a child node named c, I must overwrite the
 > B/c node.

sorry i don't get what you question is.
if you MOVE request is indicated to overwrite existing resources
that resource gets removed before the move is executed. if
if however overwriting is not forced and the destination exists
the MOVE fails. as far as i know, this is the expected behaviour.

 > what is Jackrabbit SPI ?

did you read the summary regarding SPI on the jackrabbit
website? i guess that would answer your question.

 > I found the src of spi package in svn
 > are more easy to be used for customer,who want to do a webdav
 > request,
 > than jackrabbit webdav package classes, why can i not
 > find the SPI classes in jackrabbit 1.3 jars?

SPI interfaces, jcr2spi and an example spi implementation
is released with jackrabbit 1.4.

 > How can I get the jackrabbit SPI jars?

jackrabbit 1.4 or get the jackrabbit source and build it.

but honestly i don't see what you what you want to do with
the spi interfaces if you are looking for a webdav server.
if the latter is not true, i totally misinterpreted your
previous questions.

angela

Posted by bfxw <li...@ebaotech.com>.
Hi anglea :

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.

Posted by bfxw <li...@ebaotech.com>.
hi anglea:

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.

Posted by bfxw <li...@ebaotech.com>.
Hi angela:

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
hi

Posted by bfxw <li...@ebaotech.com>.
Hi angela:

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
hi amir

> I am quite new to Jackrabbit and WebDav paradigm. Are Jackrabbit and WebDav
> server two different things..

Jackrabbit mainly is the reference implementation of of the Content
Repository for Java Technology API (JCR).

Around that core functionality (covered by the jackrabbit-core project)
additional functionality has been built, among others a WebDAV server
that allows to access the content stored in the JCR repository via
WebDAV (jackrabbit-jcr-server, jackrabbit-jcr-webapp)

A side effect of this efforts was the 'jackrabbit-webdav' project,
which represents a WebDAV Library not having any dependency to
JCR nor Jackrabbit-Core.

So:
- If you are looking for a WebDAV Library that helps you
   expose your own repository via WebDAV -> you may need
   jackrabbit-webdav only.

- If you need WebDAV and a Repository -> use jackrabbit-jcr-webapp.
   The http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/deploy/howto-model3.html
   can give you some hints.

regards
angela

Re: how to use jackrabbit webdav client?

Posted by Am...@netsolpk.com.
Hi

I am quite new to Jackrabbit and WebDav paradigm. Are Jackrabbit and WebDav
server two different things.. Can any one please share any document /
Tutorial or URL containing information about using Jackrabbit and WebDAV

Regards
~Amir Rafique

             Angela Schreiber
             <an...@day.com>
             01/07/2008 02:15          users@jackrabbit.apache.org

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: how to use jackrabbit webdav
             users@jackrabbit.         client?
                apache.org

bfxw wrote:
> hi
>    can anyone tell me how to use jackrabbit webdav
> client(org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.client.methods),for example,How to
use
> CheckoutMethod class to check out a node?are there some usage sample src
?

for a general introduction how to use the apache HttpClient please
direct yourself to http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/
the methods present in o.a.j.webdav.client.methods are basically
extensions.

within the jackrabbit project you may find a very short intro in
the javadoc
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-webdav/src/main/javadoc/org/apache/jackrabbit/webdav/client/methods/package.html

and a 'real' example in the sandbox/spi/spi2dav project
(RepositoryService.java) that uses the methods to connect to
the jcr-server-servlet.

hope that helps
angela

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any file transmitted with it is confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action regarding the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please return the original to the sender and destroy the same immediately. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
WARNING: The recipient should check this email and any attachment for the presence of viruses. Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachment.

Re: how to use jackrabbit webdav client?

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
bfxw wrote:
> hi
>    can anyone tell me how to use jackrabbit webdav
> client(org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.client.methods),for example,How to use
> CheckoutMethod class to check out a node?are there some usage sample src ?

for a general introduction how to use the apache HttpClient please
direct yourself to http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/
the methods present in o.a.j.webdav.client.methods are basically
extensions.

within the jackrabbit project you may find a very short intro in
the javadoc
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-webdav/src/main/javadoc/org/apache/jackrabbit/webdav/client/methods/package.html

and a 'real' example in the sandbox/spi/spi2dav project
(RepositoryService.java) that uses the methods to connect to
the jcr-server-servlet.

hope that helps
angela

Re: how to use jackrabbit webdav client?

Posted by Am...@netsolpk.com.
Hello All

I am too looking for some tutorial / tips to start using jackrabbit with
webdav. Anyone please help me on this

Thanks

Regards
~Amir Rafique

             bfxw
             <linqer.li@ebaote
             ch.com>                                                    To
                                       users@jackrabbit.apache.org
             01/03/2008 02:37                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       how to use jackrabbit webdav
             Please respond to         client?