Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com> on 2003/08/07 13:51:12 UTC

Tapestry Elevator pitch

Hi all,

several times in the last week I have been asked to give the lowdown on
Tapestry in 30 seconds or less.

I have to admit that I didn't do a good job, there's just so many cool
features!

Maybe we could come up with standard pitches for techies and non-techies.

Geoff

Geoffrey Longman
Intelligent Works Inc.

Re: Tapestry Elevator pitch

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.
That's pretty good. My pitch went awry cuz the person I was talking
to was tech-aware but not in the web dev space.

Something like (I was put on the spot and don't recall exactly what I said)

- Tapestry is a framework for developing web applications. (duh)
- True component model and real reuse
- Framework is designed from the get go for
---- I10N (not an afterthought)
---- Scalability/Clustering
---- Higher developer/designer productivity
- Tapestry apps have less java code and that code is clearly separate from
templates

That's all I recall.

Geoff
Posted by Tobias Frech <to...@frech.info>.
My try:

Re: Tapestry Elevator pitch

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.
Howard's pitch:

http://javatapestry.blogspot.com

Geoff

Re: Tapestry Elevator pitch

Posted by Mo Welch <mw...@ontarioeast.net>.
Hi,
  Perhaps a note on the distribution website about the state of affairs re:
tapestry documentation would be a reasonable start.  As a newbie, I was quite
dissappointed when I tried to start my education of Tapestry by using the
Tutorial.  I realize there is a warning about the "out-of-date" status; but,
I could not find the referred to src/examples-src.jar, or the
lib/tutorial.war file to at least experiment with what is in the tutorial at
present (in the Tapestry-3.0-beta-2-bin download). Is there some other source
I could use while this is being fixed?

Re: [EXAMPLE] Where is it?

Posted by Pae Choi <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Howard,

Thanks for the reply as well as sharing the progress. Any comment
on the other issue in building from the source? Thanks again.

Regards,

Pae

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.

Re: [EXAMPLE] Where is it?