Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ngolehung84 <ng...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/21 18:28:21 UTC

SSL

Hi,
I have read the source of Tomcat 5 but I can't find where the code
implementing some algorithms( RSA, RC4, .........).
Where can I get the algorithm list and the implementation of above
algorithms.
thanks,
Hung.

Re: SSL

Posted by ngolehung84 <ng...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, I saw APR, but in the Tomcat Documentation I can't find the doc which
tell how to configure Tomcat with OpenSSL ( just some guide lines!:( ).
Now I want to customize the cipher algorithms, can I do this with OpenSSL?
How can I configure Tomcat to use OpenSSL?
Thanks in advance!
Hung.

Re: SSL

Posted by ngolehung84 <ng...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you very much!!
I have configured successful!!

Re: SSL

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
ngolehung84 wrote:
> Hi,
> I have read the source of Tomcat 5 but I can't find where the code
> implementing some algorithms( RSA, RC4, .........).
> Where can I get the algorithm list and the implementation of above
> algorithms.
> thanks,
> Hung.

When starting a new thread (ie sending a message to the list about a
new topic) please do not reply to an existing message and change the
subject line. To many of the list archiving services and mail clients
used by list subscribers this  makes your new message appear as part
of the old thread. This makes it harder for other users to find
relevant information when searching the lists.

This is known as thread hijacking and is behaviour that is frowned
upon on this list. Frequent offenders will be removed from the list.
It should also be noted that many list subscribers automatically
ignore any messages that hijack another thread.

The correct procedure is to create a new message with a new subject.
This will start a new thread.

Mark
tomcat-user-owner

Re: SSL

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"ngolehung84" <ng...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
> I have read the source of Tomcat 5 but I can't find where the code
> implementing some algorithms( RSA, RC4, .........).
> Where can I get the algorithm list and the implementation of above
> algorithms.

Tomcat doesn't contain any cryptographic code at all (it certainly makes
dealing with US crypto export restrictions easier :).  What it does have is
code to manipulate the SSL crypto that it finds lying around in whatever
java.security.Provider you have configured (usually the one supplied by your
JVM vendor).  As such, the list depends on what is available from your
Provider.

There are several O/S security providers out there (Google is your friend
:).  And, of course there is always OpenSSL (used by the APR connector), if
you don't care about having a Java implementation.

RE: SSL

Posted by ngolehung84 <ng...@yahoo.com>.
I have saw that file http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/apr.html:
The "server.xml" file
               acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
               SSLEngine="on"
               SSLCertificateFile="${catalina.base}/conf/localhost.crt"
               SSLCertificateKeyFile="${catalina.base}/conf/localhost.key"
/>

But I don't know what is "localhost.crt" and  "localhost.key" ? How can I
create 2 file?