Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Enno Borgsteede <en...@chello.nl> on 2004/12/05 16:19:37 UTC

Building log4cxx 0.9.7 with MinGW and MSYS (no cygwin)

Hi,

I'm trying to build version 0.9.7 under MinGW on XP Home. I'm running
MinGW with MSYS and msysDTK, not CYGWIN. Searching the list archive
didn't provide a solution, so here's a summury of what I tried.

1. I found that configure can't figure out whether threads are
available. It stops with an error, but I can avoid that by specifying
--with-threads=no on the command line.
2. Then compilation stops, because the type int64_t is not recognized. I
can cure that too, by defining int64_t as __int64 in config.h.
3. I can't easily get past the third hurdle, which is the compiler
complaining that the thread() object does not exist. I can't find an
easy cure for that, so I'm stuck here.

I can think of several options, but maybe someone else has tried this
before, and give me directions:
1. Is --with-threads=no the right choice?
2. I use the latest versions of MinGW and MSYS. Would it help if I
upgrade the compiler?
I prefer not to upgrade to cygwin, because I like the MinGW philosophy
better.

thanks,

Enno

RE: Building log4cxx 0.9.7 with MinGW and MSYS (no cygwin)

Posted by Jwahar Bammi <ba...@memento-inc.com>.
I cant say that I have compiled for a pure MingW environment, but I would
pull the Cygnus libpthread for win32, specify that for  thread and it should
move the build ahead.

Jwahar Bammi
Memento, Inc.
bammi@memento-inc.com