Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2022/06/09 19:10:57 UTC

Community installers for NetBeans 14

Hi All,

I've been working on updating our (as in Codelerity / Gj IT) community
installers today.  Aside from the cross-platform DEB that uses system
JDK, they now bundle JDK 18 (Zulu, except for Liberica in Pi
AppImage).

I won't link them into the Codelerity page, which is linked from the
current Apache NetBeans download page, until we're ready to announce
the ASF releases.

However, in the meantime, some advance testing would be appreciated!

https://github.com/codelerity/netbeans-installers/releases/tag/v14-build1

Obviously, these are community releases, not releases of ASF, and
include elements that are not licensed under ASL.  They are all built
from the ASF binary zip.

I've also made a bunch of updates for NBPackage to facilitate building
these (and some recent RCP installers) -
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-tools/pull/51

Thanks all and best wishes,

Neil