Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sean Mooney <se...@cae.com> on 2020/03/10 17:44:49 UTC

Opening a Test Fragment in a new JMeter window

Hi JMeter Community,

We have a series of JMeter test plans that re-use many Test Fragments.

I'd like to know if a method exists to auto-open from the top test plan a test fragment in a new JMeter window?

If not, do you think this is a good feature to add to the GUI.

The use of the Test Fragments initially saved us a lot of development time by centralizing some repetitive tasks used across our test plans. But now that we are maintaining the test plans it has become a sort of impediment to efficient work. Everytime we change or debug an existing test plan, we find ourselves opening up a bunch of alternate JMeter windows just to browse the Test Fragments.

Thanks for help

Sean M

Re: Opening a Test Fragment in a new JMeter window

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com>.
Hello,
Having N windows in JMeter might not be easy to develop and has other
impacts besides this particular aspect.

As a first step would opening the referenced included  plan and  closing
the includer useful ?

Of course if you contribute a PR for the full feature we’ll be happy to
review and merge if ok

Regards

--
Cordialement