Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/23 01:42:25 UTC

HtmlColumn 1.2

Hi,

I've noticed this weird thing in impl 1.2 build. In myfaces-build ->
HtmlColumn.xml the component type is set as;

<component-type>javax.faces.HtmlColumn</component-type>

But in the generated HtmlColumnTag.java in myfaces-impl 1.2 by faces plugin,
it is;

@Override
  public String getComponentType()
  {
    return "javax.faces.Column";
  }

Shouldn't it return "javax.faces.HtmlColumn"?

Cagatay

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I'll get to it after xmas.

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
this requires a change in the plugins, to
generate a check against UIColumn, instead of HtmlColumn

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
The changes made in trunk of 1.2.6 plugins are necessary to make this
solution work.

I think that the spec is wrong, the component type of HtmlColumnTag
should be javax.faces.HtmlColumn and not
javax.faces.Column. But we need to be according to the spec if we want
a release, so is a fact that the component
type for this tag class is javax.faces.Column.

I have made a full revision of the solution applied that comply with
the spec including the changes on plugins.

Looking the latest log on maven-faces-plugin, I have noted the changes:

org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild.plugin.faces.generator.taglib.MyFacesComponentTagGenerator

  public void writeGetComponentType(PrettyWriter out,
                                    ComponentBean component) throws IOException
  {
    String componentType = component.getComponentType();
    if("javax.faces.HtmlColumn".equals(componentType))
    {
      componentType = "javax.faces.Column";
    }

This is what the spec says

  protected void writeSetPropertyMethodBody(PrettyWriter out,
                                            String componentClass,
                                            Iterator properties)
throws IOException
  {

    if("HtmlColumn".equals(componentClass))
    {
        componentClass = "UIColumn";
    }

This is fine, because as side effect of set the component type now we
are creating UIColumn instances and
not HtmlColumn instances (note that HtmlColumn will not be used anymore!!! ).

The effect of this changes is generate a proper tag class.
(org.apache.myfaces.taglib.html.HtmlColumnTag)

Now the side effects of this change. The class that render columns on myfaces is

org.apache.myfaces.shared.renderkit.html.HtmlTableRendererBase

so the change that we need is this:

   protected void renderColumnChildHeaderOrFooterRow(FacesContext facesContext,
       ResponseWriter writer, UIComponent uiComponent, String
styleClass, boolean isHeader) throws IOException
   {
       if (uiComponent instanceof UIColumn)
       {
           // allow column to override style class, new in JSF 1.2
           if (uiComponent instanceof HtmlColumn) {
               HtmlColumn column = (HtmlColumn)uiComponent;
               if (isHeader && column.getHeaderClass()!=null)
                   styleClass = column.getHeaderClass();
               else if (!isHeader && column.getFooterClass()!=null)
                   styleClass = column.getFooterClass();
           }else{
               //This code corrects MYFACES-1790, because HtmlColumnTag
               //has as component type javax.faces.Column, so as side
               //effect it not create HtmlColumn, it create UIColumn
               //classes.
               UIColumn column = (UIColumn) uiComponent;
               if (isHeader){
                   String headerClass = (String)
column.getAttributes().get("headerClass");
                   if (headerClass != null){
                       styleClass = (String) headerClass;
                   }
               }else{
                   String footerClass = (String)
column.getAttributes().get("footerClass");
                   if (footerClass != null){
                       styleClass = (String) footerClass;
                   }
               }
           }

Tested with myfaces only and myfaces+facelets works as jsf ri.

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
ah, good.
please do it.

so, we can keep the 1.2.6 plugins, right?
Don't have time to look deeper at it, sorry

-M

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
I would agree with Mario - the spec is wrong if this is treated differently.

regards,

Martin

On 1/3/08, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> this one is a special guy;
>
> On Jan 3, 2008 11:37 AM, Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> wrote:
> > Hi!
> > > AFAIK this tag-class is the only tag that the RI folks don't generate.
> > > I don't like to fuck the plugin as well; so we could have this tag as
> > > real code as well;
> > >
> > > regarding the std-faces-cfg I agree that HtmlColumn should
> > > reflect it's type.
> > >
> > > With wrong, you talk about the UIColumn (since 1.2) itself ?
> > >
> > I think that mapping the javax.faces.Column to HtmlColumn in the
> > HtmlColumnTag is wrong. If it is required by the spec, then the spec is
> > wrong, no?
> > Though, I don't know what's the idea behind all this .... I just don't
> > think that any other component behaves that way.
> >
> > Ciao,
> > Mario
> >

> --
> Matthias Wessendorf
>
> further stuff:
> mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
this one is a special guy;

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I think the TAG-Clazz should cast against UIColumn
(instanceof) and not against HtmlColumn;

I can look at the generator next week, after vacation.
-M

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cagatay,

but shouldn't the component type be the same in the faces-config and in the
tag?

regards,

Martin

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Just checked RI's ColumnTag, they do a cast to UIColumn. Yes, then the
plugins need a change.

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.

Re: HtmlColumn 1.2