Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Bob Tarling <bo...@hotmail.com> on 2012/09/26 20:44:40 UTC

Is there a JavaDoc style tool for generating docs for custom ANT tasks

I am working with a team create a library of custom ant tasks.
I'd like to be able to generate documentation that looks similar to ants own documentation of the standard ant tasks. I wonder if this can be auto-generated in any way in the same way that JavaDoc creates documentation of Java methods.
Does anyone know of such a tool?
Regards
Bob

Re: AW: Is there a JavaDoc style tool for generating docs for custom ANT tasks

Posted by MDA Tools <po...@mdatools.net>.
Hello Bob,

I am in progress of creating how-to documentation, but the ant.doc
documentation itself starts with real scripts of usage of ModelAnt.
Specifically for an example of ant.doc you could find in the source
code's root directory / base.build.xml
(http://mdatools.net/product/modelant.2.17/docs/antdoc/index.html)

With best regards
Rusi

&lt;/pre&gt;
    &lt;/blockquote&gt;
    &lt;br&gt;
  &lt;/body&gt;
&lt;/html&gt;
</pre>
      <pre wrap="">
</pre>

Re: Is there a JavaDoc style tool for generating docs for custom ANT tasks

Posted by Stefan Bernsdorf <gr...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

I spotted your thread lately,
but here is another tool, that builds Ant Task documentation with the
help of JavaDoc.
The resulting Websites look like Ant Documentation and the tool can
operate in multilanguage environments.
https://github.com/gruenerheinrich/antdoclet
Best regards,
gruenerheinrich.