Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/08/08 00:41:20 UTC

Moving MPool

I am moving Mpool from Fortress to event for two reasons:

1) Mpool depends on Event, so I can't merge it in with Pool (i.e.
Thread,
   and consequently Event depend on it)

2) I want a pair of ThreadPools that are divorced from the old Pool
stuff.
   That way I can remove dependencies on the current Pool package
completely.

Now, I would love to have the new ThreadPool stuff as part of Thread,
but
the Managed Pool uses the Command package :/

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

RE: Moving MPool

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
> From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
>
> I am moving Mpool from Fortress to event for two reasons:
>
> 1) Mpool depends on Event, so I can't merge it in with Pool
> (i.e. Thread,
>    and consequently Event depend on it)
>
> 2) I want a pair of ThreadPools that are divorced from the
> old Pool stuff.
>    That way I can remove dependencies on the current Pool
> package completely.
>

> Now, I would love to have the new ThreadPool stuff as part of
> Thread, but the Managed Pool uses the Command package :/

Please note, that I wanted to get functionality first, we can
address where to put all this stuff later.