Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tony McNicholl <to...@crystalreference.com> on 2002/03/05 13:25:45 UTC

mathml and fop

Hi

I need to include a few maths formulae (both inline and displayed) and a 3x3 matix in a pdf document created from an XML source. As fop does not recognize mathml  any suggestions how I can do it?

Tony McNicholl
tony@crystalreference.com

Re: mathml and fop

Posted by ronald heller <ro...@salience.nl>.
check out:
http://www.schemasoft.com/MathML/

found the link it on a w3c page about svg.

Cheers
RH

At 02:44 PM 3/5/02 +0100, you wrote:
>On 2002.03.05 14:37 Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>See https://sourceforge.net/projects/jeuclid/
>>The JEuclid is a project, which creates the possibility to display MathML
>>content. It is primary a Transformer/Serializer for the Cocoon project,
>>and
>>creates GIF images or converts the MathML content to SVG.
>
>I don't know how advanced that is but adding an extension to do the
>conversion in fop would be no problem.

Salience B.V.

Ronald Heller
Technisch Consultant

Coltbaan 27b
3439 NG Nieuwegein
Telefoon 030 60 56 675
Telefax  030 60 56 324
Website www.salience.nl
ronald@salience.nl
Mobiel   06 20 41 25 77

Re: mathml and fop

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.

Re: mathml and fop

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
See https://sourceforge.net/projects/jeuclid/

The JEuclid is a project, which creates the possibility to display MathML
content. It is primary a Transformer/Serializer for the Cocoon project, and
creates GIF images or converts the MathML content to SVG.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: mathml and fop

Posted by James Richardson <ja...@db.com>.
alex wrote:

> Ok.... Here's my guess....
>
> What you need to do is to take the MathML and convert it to vector graphics
> (SVG) and then feed the SVG to FOP. Unfortunately I don't know of such a
> tool.
>
> Anyone want to take up the baton?

I think custard might work http://www.schemasoft.com/MathML/

not tried it really though....

cheers

James

Re: mathml and fop

Posted by alex <al...@yahoo.com>.
At 12:25 05/03/02, Tony McNicholl wrote:
>Hi
>
>I need to include a few maths formulae (both inline and displayed) and a
>3x3 matix in a pdf document created from an XML source. As fop does not
>recognize mathml  any suggestions how I can do it?

Hello Tony.

I'm not sure if this is obvious to you but you essentially need to convert
your mathml into XSL:FO so that FOP can recognise it. You would typically
use an XSL stylesheet, but other methods may be possible. This is probably
something which should be approached by whoever developed mathml as I don't
expect it to be trivial.

A swift google search for Mathml and fo came up with

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200104/msg00029.html
and
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200105/msg01310.html

Oh - this latter suggests that a different XSL:FO processor (PassiveTeX)
natively supports MathML.

Hmmmmm.....

Ok.... Here's my guess....

What you need to do is to take the MathML and convert it to vector graphics
(SVG) and then feed the SVG to FOP. Unfortunately I don't know of such a tool.

Anyone want to take up the baton?

Alex