Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/26 14:12:24 UTC

Text no more null in Label, and some update

Hi all,
past week I did a fix/improvement in maintenance branch 2.0.x (still
to be merged in trunk) where in Label it will not be possible to set
text to null, to have it better aligned with other components
(TextArea, TextInput, etc).

This could give some little problem is your applications (for example
in Pivot I had to fix many renderers, and some sample) ... but it was
an important fix so we didn't want to wait for 2.1. Tell us in case of
problems.

This is the related jira issue (now resolved):
And this is another small but useful:

And now another good news:
I think we are near (really this time ...) to start preparing
snapshots of 2.0.3.
So, if someone need some important fix for his applications, please tell us.
I'll prepare them and post in a few weeks, then put here a link so you
can start to test them, and after that, start the release process for
2.0.3 final, following (as usual) standard ASF rules.

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Text no more null in Label, and some update

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

> I think that we need to implement the AWT input method listener which is a rather complicated interface. Seems that OSX and Windows are very different in this area. I have just barely started looking at it so I am still not sure but it makes sense to me because we never see any events currently.
yes, I think it's not-so-simple too ... we have to update after some
checks, and see what to do.

Posted by Roger Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com>.
I think that we need to implement the AWT input method listener which is a rather complicated interface. Seems that OSX and Windows are very different in this area. I have just barely started looking at it so I am still not sure but it makes sense to me because we never see any events currently.

~Roger

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Brendan <cc...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Sandro,

I'm sure if it is possible to have these issues fixed:

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-850>

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-877>

It currently blocks people from Asian Language background to use Pivot on
Mac and my application is going to release soon(really this time...)

Cheers,

Brendan