Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Amit Paleja <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/20 05:40:28 UTC

Newbie Contributor to Derby ...

Hi

I would like to start contributing to Derby's core systems. I am a Newbie,
so would like to have (a) hand(s) to guide me.

Could you please help me how do I go further??

With best regards
Amit

Re: Newbie Contributor to Derby ...

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
Amit Paleja <pa...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I would like to start contributing to Derby's core systems. I am a Newbie, so
> would like to have (a) hand(s) to guide me.
>
> Could you please help me how do I go further??

Hi Amit,

Welcome to the Derby community! There's some useful information for new
contributors on the wiki. This page is a good starting point:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyDev

Also, you may want to go to Derby's bug tracker
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY) and search for issues in
the newcomer category and see if there something you find interesting to
work on.

--
Knut Anders