Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by 李威 <li...@antvision.cn> on 2013/05/02 04:01:47 UTC

How to deal with cache for facet search when index is always increment?

Hi folks,

For facet seach, solr would create cache which is based on the whole docs. If I import a new doc into index, the cache would out of time and need to create again.
For real time seach, the docs would be import to index anytime. In this case, the cache is nealy always need to create again, which cause the facet seach is very slowly.
Do you have any idea to deal with such problem?

Thanks,
Wei Li

Re: How to deal with cache for facet search when index is always increment?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: > For real time seach, the docs would be import to index anytime. In this
: > case, the cache is nealy always need to create again, which cause the facet
: > seach is very slowly.
: > Do you have any idea to deal with such problem?

: We're in a similar situation and have had better performance using
: facet.method=fcs.
:
: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#facet.method

DocValues is another vey new option that may help improve the performance
of faceting in NRT sitautions, because it eliminates the need to build the
Field Cache...

	http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DocValues

...but there are caveats to using it (see wiki).

-Hoss

Re: How to deal with cache for facet search when index is always increment?

Posted by Daniel Tyreus <da...@webshots.com>.
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 7:01 PM, 李威 <li...@antvision.cn> wrote:

> For facet seach, solr would create cache which is based on the whole docs.
> If I import a new doc into index, the cache would out of time and need to
> create again.
> For real time seach, the docs would be import to index anytime. In this
> case, the cache is nealy always need to create again, which cause the facet
> seach is very slowly.
> Do you have any idea to deal with such problem?

We're in a similar situation and have had better performance using
facet.method=fcs.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#facet.method

The suggestion to use soft commits is also a good one.

Best regards,
Daniel

RE: How to deal with cache for facet search when index is always increment?

Posted by "Kuai, Ben" <Be...@sensis.com.au>.
Hi

You can give soft-commit a try.
More details available here  http://wiki.apache.org/solr/NearRealtimeSearch