Posted to dev@lens.apache.org by Puneet Gupta <pu...@inmobi.com> on 2016/08/01 09:04:45 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Plan for 2.6

Branching is done for Lens 2.6.0

Thanks,
Puneet Gupta

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Rajat Khandelwal <ra...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Let's also get https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LENS-1178 in the
> release.
>
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 5:58 PM Puneet Gupta <pu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Will start the merge once LENS-128, LENS-1168, LENS-996, LENS-1202,
> > LENS-1217  are in .
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Puneet Gupta
> > On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Puneet Gupta <pu...@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Waiting for a few important fixes to go in . Will merge master into
> > > release branch post that ( targeting 22 July)
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Puneet Gupta

> puneet.k.gupta@gmail.com>

> improvement
> fact

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20LENS%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.6%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20assignee%20is%20EMPTY

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20LENS%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.6

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20LENS%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.6%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Resolved

> not

> branch
> until

receipt.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Plan for 2.6

Posted by Puneet Gupta <pu...@inmobi.com>.
*Final List *

LENS-518 Lens 2.6 is compatible with hive 2.1.0 and above
LENS-919 For older deployments the schema for "finished_queries" table
needs to be modified to include "priority"
LENS-1212 Saved query service is enabled by default now
LENS-833 Number of open sessions allowed for each user is capped at 10 by
default now
LENS-1244 Dropping beta from lens releases. Lens 2.6 will be a GA release
LENS-909 Query finish email notification message body will not have query
results inline in case of inmemory resultset
LENS-1198 Lens 2.6 is compatible with hive 2.1.0 and above
LENS-1217 Old lens GUI is removed
LENS-1215 Cluster user was defaulted to operating system user by
lens-client module earlier. This logic have been moved to cli. Direct users
of lens-client will see a change in behavior due to this modification
LENS-1187 For metastore REST end point most of the apis returning APIResult
were giving http status 200 even in case of failure. The payload object had
a FAILED APIResult, but the status code was 200. After this, the status
code comes as 500.
LENS-1029 Lens server configuration lens.server.snapshot.interval is
changed to lens.server.state.persistence.interval.millis,
lens.server.restart.enabled is changed to lens.server.state.persistence.enabled
and lens.server.recover.onrestart is removed
LENS-1013 postDriverSelection method has been added DriverQueryHook SPI.
Implementation providers need to adapt to new interface

Thanks,
Puneet Gupta

receipt.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Plan for 2.6