Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by as...@facets-tech.net on 2008/05/21 16:50:35 UTC

SSH, Publish, Mode, and the bleeding edge..

To fix some of the problems in IVY with resolution of transitive
dependencies, we built the Ivy library from the current trunk
(r658272) and installed it into our build system.  The good new is
this fixed A LOT of problems with resolving dependencies.  The bad
news is this broke publish when using the ssh tag in ivysettings.

I've found that the problem comes from a line in SshRepository.put(),
line 264.  When a new Scp instance is created and put is called on it,
there's a mode argument that is being filled by
SshRepository.publishPermissions, which is null.  The funny  thing is
that there is no way to set mode to anything else, and the mode
argument is checked for null.

Long story short, there's no way to set mode, mode is harcoded to
null, and a null argument for mode throws an IllegalArgumentException.
  Ergo, publishing with ssh is now impossible. Can anyone speak to why
this is? - or am I crazy in trying to run from trunk?