Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Johannes Buchner <bu...@gmx.at> on 2008/05/01 00:45:13 UTC

adding site resources folder to site

Hi,

I'm new to maven. I have a project here called "documentation", which should
only generate a xdoc site. That works fine, but now I want to add a resource
folder other than the default one. The reason is that I have images in
another folder. I want to use them in the html files. And I don't want to
move them into src/site/ .

I read something about <siteResources> in
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-creating-archetypes.html, however
this seems to be only for archetypes.

Is there a way to have multiple site resources?

I read that another possibility (a workaround) would be to call antrun to copy
the files first to src/site/.

Regards,
Johannes.

PS: no, I can't move the folder to src/site/.
______________________________
Johannes Buchner
web:  http://twoday.tuwien.ac.at/jo/
xmpp: buchner.johannes@amessage.at

Re: adding site resources folder to site

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Johannes Buchner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to maven. I have a project here called "documentation", which should
> only generate a xdoc site. That works fine, but now I want to add a resource
> folder other than the default one. The reason is that I have images in
> another folder. I want to use them in the html files. And I don't want to
> move them into src/site/ .

The directory to use for such files is src/site/resources

Why can't you move the files?
What does your project directory layout look like?

> I read something about <siteResources> in
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-creating-archetypes.html, however
> this seems to be only for archetypes.

That is only relevant when you are creating your own archetype.

> Is there a way to have multiple site resources?

Not that I'm aware of.

> I read that another possibility (a workaround) would be to call antrun to copy
> the files first to src/site/.

Either there or to the target directory for the site, but believe me
when I say that it's a major pain to maintain that.

--
Dennis Lundberg