Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Stanley Xu <we...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/18 11:23:10 UTC

How to create a distribution from the snapshot codebase?

Dear all,

It might be a stupid question, but I am not that familiar with Maven. How
could I run a simple Maven script to create a distribution I could un-tar
the build on a hadoop cluster and just set the MAHOUT_HOME to run the mahout
script?

It I run "mvn install", the built jars would be put in different sub-project
paths, it's really a little confusion to package the different required
libs, jars and scripts.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,
Stanley Xu

Re: How to create a distribution from the snapshot codebase?

Posted by Stanley Xu <we...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Eric, yes, it works!

Best wishes,
Stanley Xu

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@u-mangate.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Stanley Xu <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@u-mangate.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@u-mangate.com>.
Hi,

appassembler-maven-plugin and maven-assembly-plugin are really good to
create zip/tar.gz with daemon/service startup scripts.

We happily use it at Apache James project.
You have to add a bunch of lines in your pom.xml (see [1]), but you will
get return for it :)

Tks,
- Eric

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/container-spring/pom.xml

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ankit Lakum <an...@gmail.com>.
the all docs is there in site you just have to follow the steps as per OS
and Version....
dont use your extra mind that's it .. .. .. .
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-configuring-maven.html