Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Alexandre Vermeerbergen <av...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/15 21:44:16 UTC

Is Shiro 1.3.0 required for using Hazelcast for Sessions?

Hi,

I'm considering the use of Hazelcast for sharing sessions across several
hosts, but reading http://shiro.apache.org/caching.html it seems like
Hazelcast integration in Shiro is still not available - given that latest
stable release is Shiro 1.2.4.

Shiro-dev list doesn't show any recent trend to release a stable 1.3.0
release.

However, I found this page showing a sample use of Hazelcast for session
clustering https://github.com/stormpath/shiro-hazelcast-web-sample.

According the pom.xml file of this project, it works with Shiro 1.2.1

The sample shows that Hazelcast usage from currently stable Shiro versions
is rather simple.

I am going to follow the sample for my need, but I am wondering what Shiro
1.3.0 is supposed to bring with regard to Hazelcast integration.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Is Shiro 1.3.0 required for using Hazelcast for Sessions?

Posted by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com>.
You should be able to pull that class in to your codebase, and try it out.

I haven't used it personally, but it looks like it needs a few tests before
getting merged into Shiro proper.