Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Johannes Fiala <to...@fwd.at> on 2003/05/16 22:10:52 UTC

JMX persistence & (ab)using the TC MBean implementation?

Hi there,

I'd like to make some config parts of my application available as MBeans.

*) Does anybody have an idea of how to store the values of an MBean?
Since the WAR file of an application is only readable, I'd have to use a
place somewhere else, but which place would be fine? Wrapping the MBean
properties into an XML file and reading/writing to it upon initialization
and reseting is easy, but where will the XML file feel comfortable?

*) Does it make any sense to register application based MBeans within the
TC MBean implementation?
I personally think moving into my own MBeanServer is better, because TC
will probably use another JMX spec as I want to use (I want to use JMX
1.2). However, this will prevent my app being accessible from the TC admin
console (once it will expose JMX properties)...

Thx for any ideas,
Johannes