Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Niels Boldt <ni...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/23 16:23:07 UTC

Git or subversion persistence manager

Hi

Are anybody aware of an implementation of persistence manager for jackrabbit
that interfaces to Git or Subversion. I have not managed to find anything
using google.

Best Regards
Niels

--
BinaryConstructors ApS
Vestergade 10a, 4th

Re: Git or subversion persistence manager

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Niels Boldt <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are anybody aware of an implementation of persistence manager for jackrabbit
> that interfaces to Git or Subversion. I have not managed to find anything
> using google.

I haven't heard of such a persistence manager, but it sounds cool!
Without breaking your motivation, it's gonna be quite hard to do that
with git or subversion, as the persistence manager is (deliberately)
kept very simple, so that the implementation does not have to deal
with most things. This means for example that the PM does not know
about the hierarchy of nodes, ie. it is only given nodes by UUID....
For a svn/git PM one would probably want to have the same structure as
in JCR, but that's absolutely non-trivial.

The other approach (that would allow a proper mapping) would be a
Jackrabbit SPI implementation, which involves some effort.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek