Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Deborah White <De...@doj.ca.gov> on 2018/11/14 18:33:55 UTC

Question

Hello, we have some very old internal apps that are still using Struts 1.  Does this alert apply to Struts 1 or only Struts 2?  It says 2.3.36 or prior so I'm not sure.

https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2016-1000031

Re: Question

Posted by John Bush <jt...@mchsi.com>.
I would think it pertains to Struts 1 applications since the finding is
for any use of Apache Commons FileUpload before 1.3.3. The latest
version of Struts 1 used commons-fileupload-1.0.jar. Not many
applications use the library so you may be able to just remove the jar
from your application. If you don't find that's possible I have had
success dropping in newer versions of commons-fileupload to replace the
older. I haven't attempted it to a Struts 1 application though.

John B

RE: Question

Posted by Eric Reed <Er...@nysed.gov>.
Struts 2.

Re: Question

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
śr., 14 lis 2018 o 19:34 Deborah White <De...@doj.ca.gov> napisał(a):

> Hello, we have some very old internal apps that are still using Struts 1.  Does this alert apply to Struts 1 or only Struts 2?  It says 2.3.36 or prior so I'm not sure.
>
> https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2016-1000031

Struts 1 reached EOL in 2013, we do not publish any announcements that
target that version, neither support it in any case.

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/