Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Christian Berger <be...@web.de> on 2013/01/24 13:44:05 UTC

osgi.identity namespace issues with Apache Aries subsystem impl and Felix-4.1.0-Snapshot

Hi,

I've got some trouble while I was playing with Apache Aries Subsystem and
Felix 4.1.0-Snapshot. After further investigation, I was able to find out
that my instance of BundleRevision doesn't belong to the namespace
osgi.identity. So my question is: Are you still implementing the new
namespace features? When I check svn I cannot see much activity, thus I
guess you are almost done with Felix 4.1?

It would be nice if somebody could have a statement on this.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Christian

Re: osgi.identity namespace issues with Apache Aries subsystem impl and Felix-4.1.0-Snapshot

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 1/24/13 07:44 , Christian Berger wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I've got some trouble while I was playing with Apache Aries Subsystem and
> Felix 4.1.0-Snapshot. After further investigation, I was able to find out
> that my instance of BundleRevision doesn't belong to the namespace
> osgi.identity. So my question is: Are you still implementing the new
> namespace features? When I check svn I cannot see much activity, thus I
> guess you are almost done with Felix 4.1?
>

> It would be nice if somebody could have a statement on this.

We're working on getting 4.2 (4.1.0-SNAPSHOT will be released as 4.2)
this month. It will does not include much R5 functionality, but it will
move to the R5 API, thus making it easier to add patches for R5
functionality.

Adding the osgi.identity namespace to bundles should be fairly
straightforward after that. Feel free to open up an issue requesting it.

-> richard