Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu> on 2011/01/18 14:14:20 UTC

Renaming IInitializer?

Hi,

since IInitializer now also works as an IDestroyer, wouldn't be
ApplicationContextListener a better name for it? (based on
ServletContextListener)

Regards,
Peter

Re: Renaming IInitializer?

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> We've always opted for specific, descriptive names, even when grossly
> verbose :)  I, too, think we should rename it.  I like the approach of
> moving it to an interface that extends IInitializer, deprecate and remove in
> 1.6.  Although, I feel like a 1.5 name change would be absolutely fine -
> even with an RC out.  It's a simple find/replace - not a complicated change.

Simple maybe, but it does break the public API and some documentation
(I think Wicket In Action mentions it), and that for no benefit other
than that some people like the name better (you amongst others) and
other people don't (me, Jonathan I'm guessing). I don't think it is
worth it.

Eelco

Re: Renaming IInitializer?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
you will also have to change the value in wicket.properties

it shouldnt say initializer=<classname> anymore then.

-igor

Re: Renaming IInitializer?

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Re: Renaming IInitializer?