Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ben Doku <j2...@xs4all.nl> on 2003/10/14 17:24:04 UTC

Newbie needs help with frame and tag library

Hi,

I've created a frameste with 2 frames. I use the left frame to display a
list of tables, and the right frame to display the records in the table
that the user selects in the left frame. It worked until I moved the code
into tag libraries. Now I can't even display the contents of the right
frame. This is the only method I've implemented in the tag library:

    public int doStartTag() throws javax.servlet.jsp.JspException {
        conn = ConnectionFactory.getInstance().getConnection();
        try{
        if (conn == null){
            //System.out.println("Connection is null");
            JspWriter out = pageContext.getOut();
            out.println("::Rudi");

            //pageContext.getOut().print("No ORA Connection");
        } else {
            //pageContext.getOut().print("ORA Connection!!!");
            System.out.println("Connection is not null");
        }
        }catch(IOException ioe){
            ioe.printStackTrace();
        }
        return SKIP_BODY;

    }

the line System.out.println displays text in tomcats output window,
however, pageContext.getOut().print("ORA Connection!!") displays the
following error in the right hand side frame: The following error was
reported: null.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!!!