Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Kavi Kumar <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/13 13:15:51 UTC

Redis spouts - streams join, groupBy and aggregate not working

Hi,

I am having difficulty in stream join when I am using redis spouts.
I have topology structure like this.
spout-1 - stream 1
spout-2 - stream 2
joinedStream = stream1 + stream2
if both spouts are modified to emit single time with a flag. All my
topology and join and also groupBy/aggregate is working without any problem.
But if any of the spout is made as redis Q subscriber then joined stream
itself is not coming out.

I have used standard redis-spout from storm-contrib
https://github.com/stormprocessor/storm-redis-pubsub/blob/master/src/jvm/yieldbot/storm/spout/RedisPubSubSpout.java
If I am not joining streams then also every thing is working as expected.
But if redis-spout(s) and streams join is not happening.
Please suggest me if I am doing anything wrong or am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance,
Kavi Kumar